This site is basically targeting all of you book lovers out there who may be in the process of looking for a great book to read! I have a lot of things to say, so sit back and enjoy a quick peek inside some amazing works of art. This site is also for authors. if you would like to have your book considered for review, please email me at ashley.denis@maine.edu <3 Ashley


Monday, March 3, 2008

The Winter Rose

Hey all! it's been a while since I've posted in here...but I have a good excuse! I've been reading this book, called The Winter Rose, by Jennifer Donnelly and IT IS AMAZING. It is over 700 pages and I thought it ended too soon!
I'm not going to be posting my actual reviews on here anymore because I want you all to visit http://www.frontstreetreviews.com/, which is where all my reviews get posted anyways. It is a great site with amazing writers that do reviews of all sorts!!
So what I will continue to do on here is to post blurbs about the books i read...the good and the not so good.
Back to my praising of The Winter Rose...amazing, wonderful, entertaining, heart wrenching. Have you ever picked up a good book and transported yourself into their world and any real life interruptions are just annoying (like having to actually go to work, eat dinner, have conversations with real people). haha. That was one of these books. the characters came alive for me...and no, I'm not completley losing my mind..the book was just THAT good. :-)
It's based in the 1900's and has a bunch of small stories in it that end up interconnecting. all of the characters are related in exciting ways.
I realize I really havn't given much of a synopsis of the book, but if you go to that wonderful web site i listed above, you'll be able to read my review of it! and if you reallly really like the sound of it, the authors web site is linked on the page my review is on so that you can see what else she has written.

let me know if I've convinced you to go out and read it!!! I'd love to see how you liked it!

<3>

No comments: