This site is basically targeting all of you book lovers out there who may be in the process of looking for a great book to read! I have a lot of things to say, so sit back and enjoy a quick peek inside some amazing works of art. This site is also for authors. if you would like to have your book considered for review, please email me at ashley.denis@maine.edu <3 Ashley


Sunday, May 18, 2008

WIN A FREE BOOK


Ladies and Gents!!! For those of you who like getting things for free (who the heck doesn't), there is a contest that my editor at http://www.frontstreetreviews.com/ is holding for this book that I just wrote a review for. The book is called "An Embarrassment of Riches", Gerald Hansen. This author was generous enough to be willing to give away five copies. front street will be giving away 4 of them, but I get the privilege of giving away one of them!

The book is set in Northern Ireland and is in very thick Derry Dialect. So yea, it is little hard to understand at first, but you find yourself easily understanding it after 10-15 pages. It's dark comedy. To put it in a quick nut shell it's about a woman who wins the Irish lottery and how she spends most of it on material things and how her family will stop at nothing to try and milk her for it, thinking she owes it to them. It's hilarious! Read more at www.frontstreetreviews.com . My review of it was just posted so you'll find it right on the main page.


HOW DO YOU WIN????
All you have to do is write me a comment here on my blog and give me a shout out telling me that you want this book! Leave me your email address and if you win I will contact you for your mailing address. Don't post your mailing address on the site because then everyone will see it. If you want more of a description of the book, go the front street.com and read my review!


Lastly, if you want to try and win one of the four copies at front street, just click on the contest link and follow the directions. it's easy as pie! This is a book you'll read again and again and it will stick out among the rest. Gerald Hansen is one talented man with a great sense of humor.

Let the blog comments roll! :-) I'll be announcing the winner on Friday! Good luck!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book looks great!!! Sign me up!!! I hope I win!!!

~Rowan

Anonymous said...

I like dark comedies. Do count me in for the draw!

gautami.tripathy@gmail.com

ChristyJan said...

Please enter me ~ this looks like an interesting book.

hawkes(at)citlink.net

Anonymous said...

This looks great and I love reading in accents. It makes it more fun and I can perfect them for goofing around in real life! Thanks for the giveaway!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to have this book. Thanks so much for the opportunity.

mistchlo[a]hughes[dot]net

windycindy said...

Hi, I think the cover is hilarious!
I have read many good things about this book! So many times in real life, you hear about all of these things happening to someone who wins a bit lottery amount! Pleas enter me in your book drawing. I really appreciate it and your reviews.
Many thanks,Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Bunny B said...

Ooo... I'd love to read this - sounds great!! Please enter me. Thank you so much!

bunnybox9 at gmail dot com

Kat Bryan said...

This sounds like a good summer read. Thanks!

mom2boys said...

I could use a new book to read and this sounds funny. Thanks for the giveaway!

Theresa N. said...

I'd love to read this book. My husband and I are always saying "What if we won the lottery?"
Theresa N
weceno@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

it's been a while since i've read a book of this genre...and this book surely made me curious.

Do toss my name in the hat, please.

ivan[dot]girl25[at]gmail[dot]com

ashley's booktopia said...

This book contest ended on Friday the 23rd! A few of you have been still entering in your name, but I already announced the winner.
sorry :-)