This site is basically targeting all of you book lovers out there who may be in the process of looking for a great book to read! I have a lot of things to say, so sit back and enjoy a quick peek inside some amazing works of art. This site is also for authors. if you would like to have your book considered for review, please email me at ashley.denis@maine.edu <3 Ashley


Tuesday, September 30, 2008

THE ABRAXAS SERIES:BOOKS 1-3-CINSEARAE SANTIAGO

My first thoughts of this book; absolutely, freaking amazing. I was hooked from page one and sad to see it end when I got to the last page. I am so glad that Cinsearae Santiago is planning on a fourth novella. This is a book that I plan on reading again and again just because it is that good. My only complaint is that it is way too short; I think that the detail should have been greater, and she would have been able to create an amazing story of any great length.
These first three novellas are all combined into one book. Also, this is definitely not your typical, straight laced book. This is about the darker side of life. This is definitely a book for someone who is in touch with their bad side, and can appreciate the sexy, gothic side to life. Count me in on all counts! The characters are dark, their attire is sexy as hell, and they have this seductive creepiness to them that makes me want to visit their world.
Christine Vargas doesn’t even know what hit her. One minute she is a normal human being just barely getting along in life and the next she is all but tossed into a totally different world that she never knew existed. Realizing pretty quickly that her powers are greater than most vampires, and that she is viewed as pretty important, she meets Ryan Price. Ryan cannot take his eyes off of her and she feels the sexual energy between the two of them. Ryan tells her that he has waited a long time for her.
Lord and Lady Abraxas, which is the title that Christine and Ryan have, are now the rulers of their small clan. With powers greater than any, they must fight to keep their clan alive, as well as themselves. Certain clan members feel as though they want to rule and pull out all of the stops to make that happen. While all of this drama is happening, Christine and Ryan find that they have a raw sexual energy that they cannot extinguish. Cinsearae Santiago shows us just how much they want each other in her lusty, leave you panting for more, love scenes.
Later on in the stories, Ryan comes into contact with his ex fiancĂ©’, who he finds out is a witch, literally. She tries her hardest to come between Ryan and Christine and has some very dangerous games up her sleeve. You meet some characters that gave me the goose bumps and made me want to sleep with a nightlight on. The ending of these three novellas is very shocking and definitely leaves you craving to read the fourth book. Ryan starts to exhibit some very strange behaviors, and something bad happens to one of the clan members. I won’t give anymore away!
I absolutely loved the characters. I think Christine and Ryan were sexy, sensual, powerful, and very appropriate for their positions. I loved the description of their love scenes. If you are someone who is not afraid to read spicy material and allow your blood to heat up, then get cozy and read this book! Although there are only a few of these scenes, they are worth it!
Cinsearae Santiago has a beautiful way of writing and using her words. You can tell that she has lots of knowledge of the gothic way of life and is a fan of vampires. Her words allow you to close your eyes and imagine yourself as one of her characters, being the one to slip on that spicy red silk nightgown and slip under the black silk sheets next to your lover and have a wild ride.


This seriously is a hot series! This brought out the side in me that always seems too taboo to talk about in my everyday 'normal' life. Most people see dabbling in this darker side as weird, scary, and they don't approve. I give lots of credit to Cinsearae Santiago for being able to have the courage to be herself and not care what anyone thinks. As for me, I keep my thoughts to myself, and continue on in my cookie cutter life. Don't get me wrong, I love my life and the people in it, but if I had all of the courage she had, I would definitly do things out of the norm and be able to take more risks with my looks and what not.

You can also see other reviews of mine at http://www.frontstreetreviews.com/!

No comments: