This site is basically targeting all of you book lovers out there who may be in the process of looking for a great book to read! I have a lot of things to say, so sit back and enjoy a quick peek inside some amazing works of art. This site is also for authors. if you would like to have your book considered for review, please email me at ashley.denis@maine.edu <3 Ashley


Friday, September 26, 2008

FATAL ENCRYPTION-DEBRA PURDY KONG

Kudos to Debra Purdy Kong in this wonderfully thought up mystery. The world of computers and technology is growing each day, and she gives us a big dose of both of these. This is not your typical murder/mystery story; this is so much more. She weaves a tale of lies, deceit, murder, and threatening. A computer master mind is at large and people’s lives as well as the fate of a huge company depend on this man being caught before it is too late.
Alex Bellamy has had trouble finding work. When the owners of a big store confront him, it takes little convincing for him to agree to be added to their payroll. The job ends up being much bigger than he ever expected it to be. With the help of his friend Tristan, Alex rushes against a ticking clock to try and find the code to unlock what could turn out to be a fatal encryption that could destroy lives. The person behind all of this is demanding money, and lots of it or else he plans on permanently destroying a huge company’s computer program as well as the store itself.
What I really liked about this story was that I had many people that I suspected was behind everything, but it wasn’t until the very end when I was able to finally figure it out. I like books like this because it makes me want to read faster and faster so I can figure it out. I hate it when you figure it out for yourself halfway through the book because then I end up not really wanting to finish it.
I think that Debra Purdy Kong does a wonderful job at character description. She really allows you to get inside their head and she makes them so likable. They have senses of humor that I would look for in a friend. Also, she is great at keeping you on track with computer lingo. Not once did I find myself confused about anything going on. I know a bit about computers, but I also know that that is a lot that I do not know, but she is good at keeping it simple and not overwhelming the reader.
I think that this book is a great read for any mystery fans. It goes above and beyond any simple mystery story. This is a book definitely worth having hanging around on your book shelf!


visit www.frontstreetreviews.com for more reviews!

1 comment:

Debra Purdy Kong said...

Hi Ashley, I tried to email you but it bounced back. Anyhow, thanks so much for the great review! What a lovely surprise! May I use excerpts on my website and MySpace?
Also, if you'd like, I'd be happy to send a complimentary copy of Taxed to Death which was published a few years ago. The language is rougher and there are more POV switches, but it tells you how Jillian, Alex and Tristan all met. If you're interested send me your mailing address at Debra_Kong@telus.net

Thanks,
Debra