This site is basically targeting all of you book lovers out there who may be in the process of looking for a great book to read! I have a lot of things to say, so sit back and enjoy a quick peek inside some amazing works of art. This site is also for authors. if you would like to have your book considered for review, please email me at ashley.denis@maine.edu <3 Ashley


Thursday, April 24, 2008

In the Shadow of the Glacier- Vicki Delany

I've posted about a few mystery books on here, but this one is by far the best! if you walk away agreeing to read any of these mystery books, this is the one to seek out! not to say the other's are great, but this one outshines them!
The difference with this story is that I feel as though the author allows you to really really connect with the characters, so you actually really care what happens to them. I found myself feeling what they were feeling. I felt frustrated when Molly Smith, a police officer who is helping on the investigation of who killed a man in her town, can't find a lead to the murder. My heart goes out to her friend who gets brutally attacked by her stalker. I feel elated when they finally catch the psycho behind all of this.
This story is set up in a small town in British Columbia, Tralfalgar, to be exact. Everyone there knows everyone and they all basically grew up together, so it's a big shock when someone winds up dead.
My review is much more detailed so check it out at www.frontstreetreviews.com!

2 comments:

Vicki Delany said...

I'm glad you liked the book, Ashley. Thank you so much for your kind words. The next Smith & Winters should be out in February, and it's titled Valley of the Lost. I blog with four other mystery writers at Type M For Murder (http://typem4murder.blogspot.com), so drop in for a visit if you have a moment.

ashley's booktopia said...

Thank you Vicki for visiting my site! I look forward to your next book and will seek it out! I really enjoyed reviewing this one!