This site is basically targeting all of you book lovers out there who may be in the process of looking for a great book to read! I have a lot of things to say, so sit back and enjoy a quick peek inside some amazing works of art. This site is also for authors. if you would like to have your book considered for review, please email me at ashley.denis@maine.edu <3 Ashley


Friday, April 4, 2008

A Slave No More-David W. Blight

okay so once again it's been forever since I've posted this. I have no excuses, just that life is slightly stressful right now!

Lets get right to it! A few weeks ago I read a book titled "A Slave No More" by David W. Blight. Right off the bat I knew it was not 'my kinda book'. But don't get me wrong, it IS a great book if you are into history, and knowing about the time when slavery was prevelent. David Blight came into contact with two authentic, never before published journals of two slaves. They wrote about their years as slaves, how they escaped/got freed, their families, and life after slavery. Pretty cool huh?
I thought at first it would be two stories of these men...wrong. David Blight is extremley knowledgeable and passionate about this time in history so he throws at you everything that is going on during that time; the war, the presidents and what they are doing to continue/stop slavery, etc.
If you are one that is interested in accounts such as these, take a look at my review of the book at www.frontstreetreviews.com and decide for yourself if the book is worth picking up! You won't be disappointed!

No comments: