This site is basically targeting all of you book lovers out there who may be in the process of looking for a great book to read! I have a lot of things to say, so sit back and enjoy a quick peek inside some amazing works of art. This site is also for authors. if you would like to have your book considered for review, please email me at ashley.denis@maine.edu <3 Ashley


Friday, April 4, 2008

Pilate: A Brutal Bible Tale-Steven.Rage

I don't even know how to start talking about this one. I think it best to weed out those who wouldn't be interested first. This book is sick, it's disgusting, it's stomach curling, it's wicked, it's amazing! afraid yet? if so, go away now.

Steven Rage took a story out of the bible, the one where Jesus is betrayed, then crucified, and turns it into his own. His characters are demons, monsters, vampires. They are drug dealers, they make deals with the devil. I think i described it nicely in my review at www.frontstreetreviews.com. I even got an email from the author saying how i really "got him". Pretty good compliment I think...I was a little suprised and shocked as well, seeing how I was able to tap into the mind of such a scary dude.

I think for those of you who don't have weak stomachs, won't be offended because it is turning a religious story into something of its own, and who are in touch with their darker sides will absolutly will find what you are looking for with this book. Every page i turned a little voice in my head told me to put the book down and throw it away, but dammit, I wanted to see how far Steven Rage would go with it...and he went far!!!

So yea, read it if you are in touch with the taboo side of life, walk away if you can't handle the heat!!!!

No comments: